Do you have an awesome Pulsar story to share?
Pulsar Summit is the conference dedicated to Apache Pulsar, and the messaging and event streaming community. The conference gathers an international audience of CTOs/CIOs, developers, data architects, data scientists, Apache Pulsar committers/contributors, and the messaging and streaming community, to share experiences, exchange ideas and knowledge, and receive hands-on training sessions led by Pulsar experts.
Speaking at Pulsar Summit is a great way to connect with hundreds of your peers and become more involved in the community.
We are looking for your inspiring story, real-world application, use case, best practice, or compelling vision of Apache Pulsar and its ecosystem. Winning submissions will make it clear that you understand how to take your knowledge and experience and transfer it to Pulsar Summit attendees. Discuss best practices or lessons learned, present business cases or a success story, and provide details to help attendees get under the hood of your Pulsar deployment.
Thee topics below provide guidelines and suggestions for a compelling proposal.
Apache Pulsar enables users to solve problems that were considered hard or impossible in a cloud-native way. “Use Case” track is designed for sessions about end-to-end Pulsar applications. They discuss a real-world problem that was solved by using Apache Pulsar and highlight interesting details on the solution.
Explaining resolving a complex business problem using Apache Pulsar is one thing. Running, managing and operating an Apache Pulsar deployment is another.
This track is designed for sessions that focus on providing first-hand insights into operations and best practices for Apache Pulsar. Sessions detailing lessons learned the hard way and elegant solutions to unique operation challenges are encouraged.
Technology Deep Dive
Apache Pulsar evolves from a distributed pub/sub messaging system into a cloud-native event streaming platfrom. There are many different concepts and components within Pulsar and its ecosystem. Sometimes it is necessary and just plain fun to understand what’s happening under the hood.
“Technology Deep Dive” sessions are designed for providing deep insights into Pulsar internals. These sessions share not only how a given feature or component works, but also why it was designed the way it is.
Apache Pulsar integrates with many other system in the current data infrastructure already. The ecosystem track hosts sessions that go beyond the scope of Pulsar but share insights on how integrating Pulsar with other systems can provide thoughts and value for users.
Here are a few examples of the presentation ideas:
- Specific explanations of how Pulsar enabled you to solve a business problem in your industry, and applicable to others with similar use cases.
- A deep dive into a recent Pulsar feature or a PIP under development
- Beginner-level introductions to Pulsar, Pulsar IO, Pulsar Functions, Pulsar SQL and other ecosystem tools
- Experience sharing of running, managing and operating your Pulsar deployment
- Proposed speaker(s)
- Speaker bio (100 words max)
- Speaker portrait images
- Previous speaking experience (100 words max)
- Session title
- Abstract Summary (include Key Takeaways – 300 words max)
- Experience level of your audience needs (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
Speaking sessions are either 20 minutes or 40 minutes in length including time for Q&A. You must submit a separate entry for each topic.
- Full conference pass
- Exclusive swag only available to speakers
- Expand your network and raise your profile in the Pulsar community
- A professionally produced video of your presentation
- Your name, title, company, and bio will be featured on the Pulsar Summit San Francisco 2020 website.
- Your session will be added to the Pulsar Summit YouTube Channel and promoted on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Call for Presentations opens: December 15, 2019
- Call for Presentations closes: January 31, 2020 - 23:59 PST
- All proposers notified: Feburary 21, 2020
- Schedule published: Feburary 24, 2020
Submit a talk